Organic food is the next big thing and this sector foresees a huge trend.
Indian economy is heavily dependent on agriculture and the demand for a professionally trained workforce is strident. The days of thinking of agriculture as toiling in the hot sun with returns at subsistence level are over as technology and scientific inputs have made the process less dependent on manual labour.
1. Agricultural engineering is a field that helps in designing and building farm equipment. Farming activities are bettered by using efficient machining and manufacturing processes.
2. Horticulturists are much in demand to maintain nurseries, greenhouses, plantations and orchards. Organic food is the next big thing and this sector foresees a huge trend.
3. Dairy technology includes production of milk and milk products and packaging, storing and distributing the same.
4. Poultry farming is a lucrative career choice. It involves raising poultry, managing sheds, feed supply, and quality control.
7. Agricultural economics is the application of the broad principles of economics in the industry as a whole. Professionals are expected to monitor price and market trends, export and import, consumer preferences and returns on investment opportunities.
8. Agri-business management involves handling activities related to bridging farming and non-farming sectors to create seamless trade environment. Manufacture, storage, distribution and marketing agro products in non-agro channels is the challenge.